:: Welcome to the First Baptist Dallas Wedding Blog. This is where I post pictures of all the weddings and receptions we host. If you are looking for pictures...this is the place! If you need wedding information, click {here}. It will take you to the church website where you can learn more about rates, availablity, and policies ::

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 5-6, 2008

We had another very busy weekend ... 4 weddings and a reception (and a funeral, but I wasn't a part of that). Many people cannot understand how we could possibly do 4 weekends in one weekend. Yes, it is super busy, but it really isn't that bad. Takes a little bit of organization and a lot of team work! We had 1 rehearsal on Thursday, 1 wedding and 3 rehearsals on Friday, 3 weddings and 1 reception (and 1 funeral) on Saturday...SIMPLE, right?! So here's a little insight into each wedding and the sweet couples that they represent.
---
Mindy Littleton & Andrew Thorp
Friday, Sept. 5 @ 7pm in Sanctuary
-
I briefly met Mindy and Andrew back in January when they came to see the Sanctuary for the first time. They were so sweet, but I knew I wouldn't get much interaction with them again until the wedding. They both go to school in Virgina (Liberty). And I was exactly right! The next time I saw them was at the rehearsal. Andrew is a hoot! He kept things light and fun...and Mindy too.
-
I like to tell you about the unique things that other brides do during their ceremonies (and most weddings do have something unique). After Mindy's dad walked her down the aisle, he prayed. It was really powerful to watch him walk her down the aisle, give her away and then pray over her and Andrew. I really liked that!
-
Here are some of her vendors:
Photographer: will add later
-

---
Celeste Putnam & Jeffrey Ritch
Saturday, Sept. 6 @ 12pm in Heritage Chapel

-
I met a frantic Celeste after her original ceremony location fell through. The date was set and ready to go when the ceremony site backed out ... nightmare! But, thankfully, we were able to accommodate her. Another wonderful couple! I got to know Celeste pretty well through her bridal portraits and a long conversation in my office. It is even more special when I get to "bond" with the bride before the wedding day. Her vendor selections were wonderful and the wedding went great!
-
Florist: Fete des fleurs
Photographer: Joseph Mark
{glad to see Stephanie shooting again after the birth of their daughter}
Musicians: Mood Swings Entertainment (played guitar and flute...did a great job)
-




---
Meredith Smith & John McCurry
Saturday, Sept. 6 @ 2pm in The Sanctuary

-
There are some couples that I just click with from the start, and this was one of them. I remember meeting Meredith, her mother and her mother-in-law back in March. I loved them all from the beginning. Meredith was just looking for a ceremony venue at the time, but ended up having her reception here too. Meredith went to Oklahoma Baptist and John went to Baylor, but they are a Pine Cove couple through and through. (I think they met at Pine Cove...but I could totally be making that up.) Meredith and John are so fun; and their reception reflected that. They had old fashion soda pop, bobble heads of themselves, cake balls, cupcakes, cookies and candy. SUGAR HIGH! All I heard about for the past several weeks was "cake balls"; and they did live up to expectation. A lady named Sandy did the cakes; and she is "famous" for her cake balls. She had double chocolate, peanut butter, and chocolate chip. Each ball was dipped in chocolate and it was heavenly! (I'm a sucker for another with chocolate and peanut butter!!!) I really could go on and on about their wedding...but I'll spare each of you! But I do want to thank Mr. Smith, The Bradley's and The McCurry's for raising such wonderful children. Ya'll are such great, loving, supportive and FUN parents. It was an honor to be a part of Meredith and John's wedding day.
-
Florist: Devin Designs (Darla) 817-421-2043
Photographer: Simple Moments
{view pictures HERE after Oct. 4. Select "proofs", Event Key: msjm}
Soda: The Soda Gallery (Robert) HUGE HIT!!!!
Cake: Sandy 817-292-5033
String Quartet: First Baptist Dallas
-





{some of the kitchen staff before the reception...they do such a great job each week setting up, preparing food, and cleaning up! THANKS GUYS!}
---
Nicole Murphy & Trent Stephenson
Saturday, Sept. 6 @ 6pm in Heritage Chapel

---
Nicole worked diligently to create a gorgeous environment for her wedding party and guests all weekend long. She was so punctual and organized, which I love! And she was such a beautiful bride. Her dress was the most amazing wedding dress I've ever seen! Sorry Trent...I didn't really get to work with you much. But I wish Nicole and Trent the best! Can't wait to see pictures from their reception!
-
Wedding Coordinator: Event Studio (Mandy)
Florist: Lillian Simon 817-731-6461
Photographer/Videography: Carmine Lidestri Photography
Reception: The Crescent Hotel
-

---
Bye...until next week!

No comments: